RELX faced significant telecom administration challenges of their expanding multi-vendor environment. Specifically, RELX wanted to reduce the cost and burden of administration by addressing their top three challenges:
- Streamline and automate telephony management by integrating with ServiceNow requests
- Optimize and manage the migration of knowledge workers from Avaya unified communications to Microsoft Lync 2013
- Automate Avaya contact center agent on-boarding and off-boarding workflows to replace a cumbersome and error-prone manual proces
Starfish Provisioning Solution was deployed at RELX to maximize operational efficiencies and reduce operating costs. Provisioning Solution is seamlessly integrated with ServiceNow to automate and streamline on-boarding and off-boarding of telecom resources for users and contact center agents.
In the case of RELX, when ServiceNow requests for telecom resources are submitted, Provisioning Solution automatically provisions or de-provisions telecom resources for users, along with updating the request with the action taken, request status, and detailed information about the telecom resources provisioned. Depending on the type of user (knowledge worker or contact center agent), specific telecom resources for the user will be created or removed.
Automating telecom administration:
- Replaced error-prone manual processes with streamlined workflows leveraging their
- Improved efficiency and reduced the cost of telecom management.
Managing migration of knowledge workers from Avaya to MS Lync 2013:
- Fast efficient and precise execution of pre-defined workflows.
- Dramatic improvement of operation efficiency.
- 6,000 users in 23 sites migrated cleanly to the new environment.
- Provisioning Portal heavily used for on-going management.
Improving contact center agents’ on-boarding and off-boarding process:
- Streamlined and automated on-boarding/off-boarding process.
- Self service capability extended to end-users using ServiceNow.
- Dramatic improvement of efficiency: execution duration down from hours to second.
- Automatic management and tracking of extensions: NO MORE SPREADSHEETS.
About Starfish Associates
Starfish is a global software company providing communication management solutions for multi-vendor unified communication and contact center platforms for on-premise, cloud-based and hybrid environments.
We provide solutions for automation, self service, and monitoring of communication platforms including Avaya, Cisco, Genesys and Microsoft. Our solutions are tightly integrated with leading IT business applications including ServiceNow, PeopleSoft and Workday.
Starfish automates millions of transactions annually for many of the world’s largest enterprises and Fortune 500 companies. Our technology empowers these enterprises to become more agile and respond faster to dynamic conditions.
About RELX Group
RELX Group is a world-leading provider of information and analytics for professional and business customers across industries. The group serves customers in more than 180 countries and has offices in about 40 countries. It employs approximately 30,000 people of whom half are in North America. RELX PLC is a London listed holding company which owns 52.9% of RELX Group. RELX NV is an Amsterdam listed holding company which owns 47.1% of RELX Group. The shares are traded on the London, Amsterdam and New York Stock Exchanges using the following ticker symbols: London: REL; Amsterdam: REN; New York: RELX and RENX. The total market capitalization is approximately £28bn/€32bn/$35bn*.